Canadian Space Agency
Space objects: Launch, return and control
Exemption may be granted through Order.
- Canadian Space Agency or Department of National Defense;
- Minister appointed by Governor in Council.
- Proposed system disposal plan in accordance with environment protection, public health, safety of persons ahd property;
- Guarantees of system disposal plan performance;
- Application fees:
- Additional conditions may be specified by the Minister, such as indicated in the Remote Sensing Act.
A license is valid for the period that the Minister considers appropriate.
- The licensee must keep The control of The system
- The licensee should BE able to override The system from Canada.
- The Minister may request priority access through an order for national security or emergency preparedness;
- Every inspector must obtain a certificate and may proceed to examination or inspection at any given time of the remote sensing space system's components or documentation:
- Raw data about foreign states be made available to them in a reasonable period of time.
- The Minister may suspend for up to 90 days a license and must specify the reasons;
- The licensee has 15 days to make representations regarding it and 45 days or longer in case of cancellation;
- The Minister may at any time, for security reasons, make an order to interrupt or restrict a given license during a specified period of time, subject to a non-disclosure direction if needed;
Denial requires immediate justification by Minister
License is not transferable without the Minister's consent.
- Administrative monetary penalty of max 5,000 $ for an individual and 25,000$ for any other case. The amount varies according to degree of nature of violation, degree of harm done, history of prior violations;
- Proceedings in respect of violation may be instituted at any time within but not later than 2 years after the time when the subject-matter of the proceedings arose;
- In case of an offense, amounts payable are greater and possible imprisonment
Notice of right of appeal within 30 days